Friday, August 11, 2017

How being an intern makes a difference

I have already made a few posts on what I've done with this internship but I want everyone else that reads this to know, that being an intern is helpful in all aspects. I personally am a supply chain major, I had tried to get purchasing internships but sadly, I was out of luck. I had heard from a friend about the opportunity with the Center of Digital Engagement. This was an internship open to all majors, I was apparently the only one with an SCM major, but this has helped me learn even more. It is required to take marketing classes with that major, it's quite interesting to see how the two go hand in hand. With this internship, I have been able to broaden my knowledge in marketing for my own personal use as well as use for my future career. I'm proud to have a marketing related position on my resume, to show companies that I have strong knowledge of them both, and I believe that there are companies out there that will prefer that I have a marketing background as well. Currently, I have been looking up part time positions that relate to supply chain majors, mainly purchasing. I think purchasing is supply chain's equivalent to digital marketing, the beginning steps in those fields. I have submitted my resume to a couple of places, I'm not getting my hopes up too much by imagining how it would be with the position, but I definitely have high hopes for interviews so I can share with managers or whoever is consulting the interview what I have learned and done so far and how I can be great help to the company.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How being an intern makes a difference

I have already made a few posts on what I've done with this internship but I want everyone else that reads this to know, that being an i...