Friday, August 11, 2017

How to Get Likes and Followers on Instagram


I have been running an Instagram account strictly with photos of my dog His account here :) This has been going on for about 2.5 years just for the fun of sharing photos of him. I had gone through a period of time where the account was just not gaining any followers, it would get maybe two followers but then the next day, 5 unfollowers. It really annoyed me. I then put in some thought and slight research of how to get more likes and how to keep consistent followers and gain  them. I learned that posting at particular times on certain days could help boost the likes. Another key hint I learned was that you have to be active on the account, not just posting two times a day or once a day, but you have to engage with other accounts, follow the accounts you are related to, leaving sincere comments on posts, and liking those posts. Each time I had put in this effort on the account, I saw a substantial boost in likes and subtle increase in followers. Another tip for running an Instagram is being cautious on what hashtags you use. I find it useful that when you’re beginning to type a certain tag, Instagram shows you how many tags there are under that specific word or phrase, helping you to decide whether to use it or not. I had realized that there were many tags that I was using that only had a couple thousand other tags, so it was not getting recognized. Once I started using ones that had over 100,000 other tags and multi-million tags, it greatly helped to increase as well. The final tip I have, is to consecutively keep up with the previous tips, if you start to fall short of liking and interfering with comments and likes of other accounts, you will then go through the struggle on not having many likes or followers all over again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

How being an intern makes a difference

I have already made a few posts on what I've done with this internship but I want everyone else that reads this to know, that being an i...